Blake uses his bankruptcy litigation experience to assist companies, chapter 7 trustees, individuals, creditors and debtors in complex problems that arise in personal and business bankruptcy cases.
Our bankruptcy litigation practice brings extensive trial experience and an in-depth knowledge of bankruptcy law to the handling of complex bankruptcy disputes. We have substantial experience in, preference and fraudulent conveyance claims, withdrawal of reference, abstention, appointment of trustees, asset sales and procedures, professional retention and compensation, and compromises and settlements of disputed claims. We have also handled litigation relating to alleged breaches of fiduciary duty by directors and officers of distressed companies on behalf of Chapter 7 trustees.
- Special Litigation Counsel for Chapter 7 Trustees in various litigation matters throughout the country. In three recent cases, Mr. Rizzo has recovered a total of over $10,000,000 as Trustee’s special litigation counsel.
- Representation of Chapter 7 trustees and plan agents in Nationwide Steel Fabricators, Inc., Brown Medical Center, Inc., Endeavour Highrise, L.P., Convergence Ethanol, Inc., and Contractor Technology, Inc., among others. Mr. Rizzo has also served as trustee’s general and special litigation counsel in numerous other Chapter 7 cases.
- Represented an international alumina supplier and negotiated a large supply contract in the Kaiser Aluminum bankruptcy case.
- Litigated a multi-million dollar claim on behalf of a creditor in the Owens Corning bankruptcy case.
- Defended a large group of former employees and officers in avoidance actions filed in the Enron Corp. bankruptcy case.
- Represented real estate ventures and the owner of an apartment complex in reorganization cases.